Sunday, September 12, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas Necklace

The inspiration for this necklace comes from the holiday song "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas". The song got stuck in my head this morning and I just had to do something about it. I know it is a bit early to be thinking about the holiday season, but it is perfect weather to be out trimming my trees. Now that the blazing heat of summer is over, I can get out with my electric hedge trimmer and have at it. Anyone who knows me, knows there are few things I love more than my power tools that trim the trees and bushes. I will go out and stay at the trimming until my back gives out or I cut the electrical cord by accident. This morning I decided to trim my holly trees. The green and red colors in the trees made me think of Christmas. I red and green colors became the inspiration for this necklace. The song is a favorite of mine. The Milton Middle Band under the direction of Bud Jenkins placed this song yearly in the local Christmas parades. Since I went to the Milton, Lewes, and Rehoboth holiday parades for at least a decade, I always start humming this song at the sight of a holly tree or Christmas Parade.

A little holiday cheer in this 18 inch (45.7 cm) round necklace! The lovely focal bead is holly red and Christmas green. It is whitewashed with a frost of paint to create an abstract snowflake design. The necklace is made with olive and white freshwater pearls. I love to use pearls because they are classic and are from nature, The necklace has a contemporary, triangle shaped silver clasp. There are sterling silver beads added into the necklace to add sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment