Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cranberry Tea




This weekend really felt like the cool weather is here to stay. My husband just brought in some firewood. A visit home this week, brought to mind a favorite family fall and holiday tea recipe that I will share. The ingredients are simple:



  • 3 1/2 quarts water
  • 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 oranges, juiced
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 12 whole cloves
  • 2 cinnamon sticks

Use a large pot and combine water and cranberries. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Cover, and steep for 1 hour.

While sipping this tea I gathered my cranberry color pearls and created what I call my "Sparkling Berry Necklace".

No comments:

Post a Comment