Sunday, October 10, 2010

Words of Inspiration


"If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments." (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)

"The older I get, the more this quote helps me to enrich my life by appreciate each day and experience. Time seems to pass so quickly and we need to appreciate what we are given and have."

Thanks to Sheryl at Hand Painted Petals, I am able to appreciate this sweet little box that she created and sent to me this week. I won this in her giveaway! I entered the giveaway with Anne Morrow Lindbergh's words of inspiration. What I really like about Sheryl's work is that she can take a message like this one and incorporate it into one of her creations--like a memory box. It is her willingness to customize that really makes her special.

These words of inspiration remind me of what I have learned in my yoga practice. A message of yoga is to completely surrender to the reality of your life exactly as it “IS” with an active presence. Ishvara-Pranidhana teaches, "Embrace the entirety of your life with gratefulness as you surrender willingly to every movement of life that brought you to this moment".






1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like the little box, Kathy! They are such fun to paint, like they have their own personality (some shrink would probably raise eyebrows, lol). I think the Tao is a great source for inspiration about "it is what it is."

    Do enjoy the box, and may you find lots of peace.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete