Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Yellow Brick Road in Dublin

The Yellow Brick Road Bead Shop
What would a trip to Great Britain be without a trip to a bead store there?  While in Dublin, Ireland, I couldn't resist a visit to The Yellow Brick Road, a bead shop established in 1997.   They are Ireland's leading supplier of hand-made jewellery materials.  For those who don't know jewellery is the British spelling for jewelry.  I include that spelling in my Esty tags hoping to attract international buyers.  Since the value of the dollar is so low, I am hoping that some folks with euros and pounds sterling will want to purchase my jewelry that is priced in dollars.
I used my pounds sterling to purchase some metal beads for earrings.
The Sweetest Thing Chocolate Cafe
Right down the street on Bachelor's Walk, I found a chocolate cafe--The Sweetest Thing.  You know me.  I had to stop in it for there with my 2 favorite men and try their signature drink of "Hot Chocolate". It was layered with liquid Belgium hot chocolate, Cadburys hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream, mini-marshmallows, a sprinkling of crumbled chocolate and a Flake served on the side. The very best hot chocolate that I ever had.   It also came with a complimentary piece of chocolate.  This was a perfect drink on a chilly, damp, overcast Dublin day.  Needless to say, with the combination of a bead shop and a chocolate shop on Bachelor's  Walk.  I had a great morning in Dublin.






No comments:

Post a Comment