Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inspired by Tiger Lillies

Inspired by Tiger Lilies
Humblebead's Inspired by Nature theme for this week is tiger lilies.  I had lots of them in my garden this summer.  They are one of my favorite flowers because they actually grow in my garden with little or no help. For this contest, I thought about what really makes the tiger lily stand out.  It has to be the bright orange color contrasted with yellows, browns, and greens.

These dangling sterling silver earrings capture the oranges, yellows, and browns of the tiger lily. I used a total of one dozen crystals in these earrings. 2 different color orange and yellow crystals were combined with brown crystals. Each of the dozen Swarovski crystals are meticulously handwrapped with sterling wire. You can see the fairy tale sparkle that all of these Swarovski crystals create. The large yellow faceted bead is wrapped in non tarnish sterling artistic wire. I created the long earwires with 22 gauge silver.  Since I made each of the components, these earrings took some time to create, but I think it was worthwhile.  They are very pretty just like the tiger lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment