Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bead Table Wednesdy and March Art Bead Scene Challenge




Wing Necklace available in BayMoonDesign Etsy store
Today is all about finishing my wing necklace for the March Art Bead Scene Challenge.


Birds on Riser from Adolf Dietrich and Brandi Hussey's color palette for it


I love birds so I was thrilled to see them in the March Art Bead Scene Challenge piece Birds on Riser from Adolf Dietrich.  I love the colorful birds in the foreground.  I thought about using a bird as a focal, but when I saw Brandi Hussey's color palette for the challenge I was reminded of a green clay wing that I had by Blueberribeads.  The green wing and some green czech beads I had were perfect colors for this.  I wanted to add some brightness and use orange and brown so I took a natural brass chain and applied some orange and brown patinas to it.  I also used some orange seed beads.  Since the art is has simple lines, I created a necklace that is uncluttered and has clean lines. 

I now feel satisfied with my finished necklace  inspired by Birds on Riser .

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is really pretty! I like the drop wing u added! :)

    ReplyDelete