Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday and Custom Order for Beach Wedding




Bead Table Wednesday is designed by Heather Powers to help share what is on our table today.   I have a custom order for a beach wedding. 



White crocheted necklace with shells

The order began with the purchase of this white crocheted necklace from my Etsy shop by a woman who is getting married on the beach.  When she got the necklace, she emailed me and told me how much she loved this necklace and how it is perfect for her beach wedding.  I love to get feedback like that!  I am honored that she is wearing my necklace at her wedding.

When I made the necklace, I thought the white and beige in this crocheted necklace reminded me of the white sands of Florida beaches. I  combined some beige glass pearls, white rice pearls, sea shells, shell chips, white and clear buttons.  I think that sea shells are especially fun. I agree that this necklace is perfect for a beach wedding.


She emailed me again and asked me to make her a pair of earrings to match.  She said she wanted something about 2.5 inches in length with she shells and simple.  I made her this pair of earrings.


Sea shell earrings for wedding


I had the some shells left from her necklace so I was able to get a perfect match to her necklace.  I had some sterling silver chain on hand so I used that to give the earrings the length.   She loved them.
It is a pleasure to make jewelry that makes people happy and becomes part of an important life event like a wedding.  Don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! How lucky is this bride to wear such a special piece on her special day!

    ReplyDelete