Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday and Cuff Bracelets






Bead Table Wednesday is designed by Heather Powers to help share what is on our table today.  It is only fitting that I should have 2 bracelets that I made using a tutorial from a blog post of Heather's.  The bracelets call for using peanut beads.  I have been wanting to get some and use them for awhile now.  You can find peanut beads at Whimbeads.com, Fusionbeads.com or BelloModo.com.  I ordered mine from Whimbeads. Both bracelets make use of memory wire.

image from GraphicStock


The first, five strand, cuff bracelet is inspired by the ocean and one of my favorite activities--sailing.  I used blue peanut beads and with a silver sailboat charms and made a few dangles.


5 strand cuff bracelet by Bay Moon Design available for purchase
 My second cuff bracelet made use of 2 different colors of peanut beads and some tiny copper beads.  I attached a copper bird and nest on one end and on the other, a copper butterfly.

Copper Cuff Bracelet with bird and butterfly charms

By the way, I word to the wise.  I used a bead spinner just as Heather did.  I had used a bead spinner before with seed beads and beading wire.  I'm not nearly as proficient with it as Heather. I am sure she can whip these up in minutes.   She has probably had much more practice than I have.  It took me an hour for each bracelet.  I honestly don't think I couple have beaded them by hand.  The memory wire and the small size of the hole in the peanut beads is far more challenging than the size of the hole in seed beads and beading wire.

Both bracelets are available for purchase in my online shop.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Kathy... they are elegant but with a playful twist :) The link to Heather's tutorial is not working.

    ReplyDelete