Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday Devoted to Planning




Bead Table Wednesday is designed by Heather Powers to help share what is on our table today.   Today I am revealing what I received from Moriah Betterly of Blu Mudd Design for the Acorn and Leaves Challenge which will begin on September 1.  The winner of the challenge will be determined by votes.

  1. My leaf and acorn beads by Blu Mudd Design
I laid out the beautiful ceramics I received and I put a penny in the midst of it so you can get an idea of the size of the beads.  For some reason, I had in my mind that the leaf would be larger and the acorn smaller.  These incorrect ideas had been floating in my mind for some time so I need to make some mental adjustments!  Next, I will have to pull out my beads and figure out what colors I will use.  I will probably create 2 strands of beads possibly some chain that all will be fairly small.  Next, I need to decide on the metal.  I am thinking of using natural brass or copper.  I don't have to use all of Moriah's beads.  Presently, I am thinking of using another acorn that I have as a charm.  The other acorn is enamel and smaller.  I will use at least one of the beads with leaves wrapped around, possibly all of them.
Acorns and Leaves Challenge on Sept. 1  (picture from GraphicStock.com

Decisions, decisions!  What are your thoughts?  Stop by Sept. 1 for a look at what Bay Moon Design's entry looks like,  as well as the other participants' designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment