Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday Devoted to the Dragonfly

Bead Table Wednesday is designed by Heather Powers to help share what is on our table today.   Today I am revealing a bracelet that I made with a ceramic from Moriah Betterly of Blu Mudd Design .  I purchased the ceramic several months ago.  I selected a dragonfly because I have found dragonflies to be popular motifs that people look to purchase.  Since I recently sold several ceramic bracelets, I thought this would be a good time to make a new one or two for my Etsy store.

Dragonfly (This file is licensed under the Creative Commons license of Wikimedia)

I did a little research to discover some of the symbolism of dragonflies.  I found that the dragonfly has different meanings when seen specifically in dreams.  Dreaming of a dragonfly is considered an indication of the approaching change in your life. If you dream of a dragonfly landing on you, you're likely to receive good news! On the other hand, dreaming of a dead dragonfly means you're likely to receive bad news. To dream of being attacked by a dragonfly means you've hurt someone's feelings.


Blue Dragonflty Bracelet Available for purchase from BayMoonDesign
This blue dragonfly bracelet has a beautiful ceramic bracelet bar that sits on top of the wrist. I love the look of this ceramic dragonfly as it rests on top of words.  The blue bracelet has white and pale blue button pearls as well as a few darker blue beads for contrast. I made the sterling silver connector which adds sparkle. I used a sterling silver dragonfly clasp. I think it turned out to be very pretty!  I love pearls and pale blues.

1 comment:

  1. well who knew there were so many meanings? very pretty bracelet

    ReplyDelete