Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Etsy Store Travels to Favorite Spot in Yosemite-Tenaya Lake



Tenaya Lake
In my opinion, Tenaya Lake is one of the prettiest spots in Yosemite National Park.  I discovered others felt that way too.  I learned the great beauty of this lake was known to the Native American Indians. Tannery Lake is named after Chief Tenaya, who met the Mariposa Brigade near the shores of the lake. Tenaya protested that the lake already had a name: Pie-we-ack, or "Lake of the Shining Rocks."This original name is now attached to a granite dome to the east of the lake.

As part of the 1864 Yosemite grant, the area became the first park land to be federally protected for preservation and public use. Yosemite became a national park in 1916 with the advent of the National Park Service.


Tenaya Lake


This area  has it all going on there.  It is an alpine lake in Yosemite National Park, located between Yosemite Valley and Tuolumne Meadows. The surface of Tenaya Lake has an elevation of 8,150 feet (2,484 m).
Lake is great for water activities

There is a backdrop of light granite rocks. It is a popular lake for water activities such as kayaking, canoeing or sailing  on the lake.  We also found some folks SUPping there.  A few hardly folks were swimming and wadding in the water, 
Mountain climbers

It is also a popular spot for rock climbers.  I always find it amazing that folks enjoy doing this,  I find it very scary,  I will stick with my water activities.

My Husband enjoying a walk around the lake.

My husband and I look advantage of some of the trails there and around the lake.  We discovered there were painters catching the beauty of this spot on their canvas.  I took several photos there with hope of having them inspire some of my future handmade cards.  I also picked up some pine cones and smelled the delicious sap that had collected on one.  This spot is truly a gem to enjoy for many different reasons.  I am glad we have it saved for the future for all to enjoy.

When we got back to our campsite, I discovered that my BayMoonDesign store had 2 Etsy orders.  The orders came at a good time for me.  We were leaving soon which meant that I would have cell service soon.  This was important because once again I needed to be on the hot spot network to print my order from our network printer,  I could probably work around that if need be, but I didn't want to have to strain my brain any further.  I think I could print the shipping labels as .pdf files, save them to my desktop, and then print them.  I need to test that someday when I am not as tired from exploring the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment