Monday, December 1, 2014

Round 6 Challenge Black and White Victorian Ceramics by Blu Mudd

Victorian Necklace and Bracelet by BayMoonDesign
I am fortunate to me on the Blu Mudd Design team.  The necklace and bracelet shown above are my entries in Round 6 Challenge Black and White Victorian Ceramics by Blu Mudd .

This challenge began with the members of the design team being challenged to create jewelry that contains all 5 of the Victorian style component pictured below.

Victorian components by Blu Mudd
Before creating with these Victorian ceramic components I did some research on the characteristics of Victorian jewelry.  I took away from the research some facts about flowers and pearls which influenced my design.  Flower motifs were predominant in jewelry.   Flowers were used to express love and friendship.  In the Victorian Era the technology for Cultured pearls created by Mikimoto in the early 1900s did not exist so all Pearls used in jewelry were natural pearls. Even the tiniest of pearls were of great value and lavish Parures of Seed Pearl Jewelry were created. Pearls were seen as symbolic of purity and chastity values much esteemed in the Victorian era. 

Victorian Meets Modern Necklace by BayMoonDesign

For the necklace I selected a Victorian style a16 mm antique silver rose connector by Tierra Cast and 2 matching rose beads to bring in the floral elements  of Victorian style.  I also used an antique silver clasp with a floral motif.  Pearls were my bead of choice for this necklace.  I used large black lacquered and white pearls.  I call my necklace "Victorian Meets Modern".

Matching Victorian bracelet by BayMoonDesign
The matching Victorian bracelet has a complimentary white and black ceramic, floral focal in the center and a ceramic bead with script next to it.   Both ceramics are by Blu Mudd. The black bracelet has black crystals and white pearls with silver beads. The pearl bracelet has a floral silver clasp. I think this bracelet  has a romantic look to it.

You can see all of the entries in this challenge and see the different designs.   I can win a $50 gift certificate from Blu Mudd if I get the most votes for my design.  To vote, click on like at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.895605793784951.1073741895.272858342726369&type=1
You know I would love to win that gift certificate!

This necklace and bracelet is available for purchase in my BayMoonDesign store.  Use code PIN10 for a 10% discount at checkout.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful set, I went Victorian with mine also but I didn't manage to get a good pic.

    ReplyDelete