Friday, May 8, 2015

Getting Ready for Summer with a Craft Show and a New Collection


Delaware by Hand Members Show May 23, 2015

I love doing the Delaware by Hand Member's Show in Lewes,  Delaware.  After all, it is my hometown.  This event is on Saturday May 23, 2015,  I am hoping for glorious weather.  Actually, I will be thrilled with anything but rain.  People should be in great spirits there since it is the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend, summer and it is at the beach.  The setting is pretty.  It is in the beautiful park of the historic Zwaanendael Museum.

This is the 10th Annual Outdoor Show 
 A wide array of unique and original artwork will be for sale.

Participating Artists Include: 
Arden Bardol
Ramona Maziarz
Judy Hagen
Elaine Petaky
Deborah Johnson
Diane Issel 
Kathy Buschi
Gerilyn Gaskill
Karen Hornor
Denise Bendelewski
Ginny Barney
Gary Crowl
Mark Turner
Carl Forsberg
Libby Zando
Anne Buck
Marilyn Nugent
Carmela Coleman
Kathy Lindemer
Marian Hertzog
Jeffrey Stickle
Mimi Galligan
Lesley Campana
Caryl Williams
Hank Rhodes
Jane Mayer
Jacqueline Chmiel
Marian Hertzog
Susan Donohoe
Linda Chatfield
Nettie Green
Gwen Schroll
Jim Rehak
Mike Quattrociocchi
Derek Carlson
Brenda Williams



Photo taken in Key Largo, Florida
My preparations began months ago in Key Largo, Florida.  You just couldn't have a better place to make handmade jewelry and cards for a summer craft show at the beach!  I focus on my beach collection for this fair during the winter months there.
Beach Bag Charms by Bay Moon Design

This year I have added some beach bag charms to my summer collection. Ladies love to attach them to beach bags, purses, totes,  diaper bags, backpacks etc.  They are great fun.  


Starfish Necklace by Bay Moon Design
I have a number of new pieces of jewelry that I made with this fair in find.  I like to have nautical jewelry available for this fair.  This starfish necklace was created with this show in mind.  It has an artisan  pendant. I attached it to some sea glass beads with white Irish Waxed linen thread to give it an ocean look. This starfish necklace has aqua sea glass beads contrasted with teardrop beads that are a dark pinkish red. This nautical necklace had 2 handmade artisan brown seashells. The copper clasp is handmade by me.  
The ceramic starfish and seashells are made by a favorite artisan --Suburban Girl Studio.


Sailboat Necklace by Bay Moon Design
Another example of a nautical necklace created with this show in mind is this sailboat necklace.  Focal point of this nautical necklace is a handmade ceramic sailboat in red and bluish green by UK artist Lesley Watt. This sailboat necklace has red sponge coral and white beads attached with boho looking turquoise Irish waxed linen thread. 


Starfish Necklace By Bay Moon Design
Here is another starfish necklace. I am hoping someone will give this pretty starfish necklace a home I think it is perfect for a beach loving girl or perhaps a destination beach wedding. The starfish is made from seed beads by artisan Lindsay Starr and I added turquoise and gold beads to create this piece of ocean jewelry. I also did the brass metal work. The clasp and gold links are hand forged. This turquoise necklace is truly art jewelry.  


If you see something you like, you better hurry up and buy it HERE before my May 23 show!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice dear! Follow me on gfc and i Follow you back, kisses

    ReplyDelete