Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pine Ridge Treasures Flora Hues Challenge



Lisa Lodge's Kit of beautiful glass pearls and Tiaria crystal
I couldn't resist getting one of Lisa Lodge's kits when I saw the color palette and found out it would contain beautiful glass pearls in raspberry, wine, pink, red, white and creamy white. My kits also contained some pretty some metals and Tiaria crystals.


Color Palette for this Blog Hop


Floral Boho Necklace by Bay Moon Design is available for purchase HERE


 This is a multi strand necklace. One strand pink and lilac glass pearls. The other strand has fuchsia, pale pink, and lilac beads with Irish waxed linen tread adding a pop of green in between the beads. Both strands are attached to natural brass chain. The necklace measures 19 inches around and the focal dangles below.


Close up of the focal that I made for the necklace

I created the floral focal by embossing flowers on natural brass and applying patina. I then layered a copper bird on top of the floral disk.  If you would like a handmade focal like this floral one, I have one like it as well as others for sale in my online shop.


 
Matching Floral Earrings

Of course, I had to make a pair of earrings to go with the necklace.  I used Vintaj natural brass ear wires and other natural brass findings with some Czech flower beads and the same pearls as in the necklace.  I decided to use the natural brass because the necklace has natural brass in it and the dark color of the metal accentuates the light beads.


Stacked bracelet with pearls, metals, and some very cute flip flop ceramic beads is available for purchase HERE

The last piece that I made is this fun flip flop bracelet. The red bracelet is made with memory wire so one size fits all. There are 3 rows of ceramic, red glass pearls, green, white, yellow, and silver beads that wrap around the wrist. There are 2 ceramic flip flops that make this a great casual bracelet for the summer.The cuff bracelet can be worn with anything from shorts to a casual dress. It is a wear everyday bracelet!

I still have lots of beads left.  Lisa is always very generous with her kits.  
A special thanks to Lisa for putting this together.  Please visit her and the other participants to see what they created.  


4 comments: