Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July's Art Bead Scene Challenge Results in Bracelet with Women Figures



 "Fireworks at Ryogoku (Ryogoku Hanabi)"
No. 98 from One Hundred Famous Views of Edo, 8th month of 1858. 
By Utagawa Hiroshige (Ando)


July's Art Bead Scene Challenge is this festive image of this print by Utagawa Hiroshige that shows pleasure boats on the Sumida River, with Ryogoku Bridge in the center. Fireworks add to the excitement in the print. The color inspiration is monochromatic from black to blue with touches of brick red and muted rose. I choose to work with the denim shade of blue.

Tribal Bracelet with Women Figures by BayMoonDesign
I really struggled with what I was going to make.  It wasn't until I spotted the bracelet focal by Inviciti that I decided what to make for this challenge.  I love the women figures and the color of the pewter focal.  The bracelet focal has been oxidized a deep red.  It reminds me of the red in this print. I made it into a multi strand tribal bracelet. The bracelet is held together with denim colored Irish waxed linen thread. I used red and cream colored Czech beads, cream wood beads, and black cultured sea glass. The materials used give it an ethnic and rustic look.  I think this bracelet would look great with a pair of jeans.  It is available for purchase HERE.

I feel like I captured the colors in the print.  What do you think?






1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful bracelet, and you absolutely captured the colors in the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete