Thursday, January 12, 2017

We're All Ears January Challenge


Pantone color greenery


This January's We're All Ears challenge revolves around the Pantone color of the year--greenery.  It also happens to be my favorite color which is why I was only to happy to get out my patinas.

According to the Pantone website the color is a refreshing and revitalizing shade.  Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings.
photo of ferns
photo credit:  https://unsplash.com/@insolitus
Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate. 



Chartreuse and Green Fern Earrings by BayMoonDesign
                   Chartreuse and Green Fern Earrings by BayMoonDesign
This description of green by Pantone is the inspiration for my first pair of earrings.  I love seeing ferns come back to life in the spring. I made these
 fern earrings from natural brass sheets that I embossed with the fern pattern.  I love the look of the greens in these leaf earrings.  The chartreuse in the fern is picked up in the chartreuse Czech beads.  The green earrings are hand painted with patinas. The metal has a protective coating to keep the color vivid for years to come! I have hung them on brass ear wires and added green beads at the top.  These green leaf earrings are a perfect gift for the outdoors lover.

photo credit:  https://unsplash.com/search/urban-green?photo=5tpf6dSY6WU
Pantone describes greenery as nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. This shift is reflected by the proliferation of all things expressive of Greenery in daily lives through urban planning, architecture, lifestyle and design choices globally. A constant on the periphery, Greenery is now being pulled to the forefront - it is an omnipresent hue around the world. 

A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality.




Olympic Park, Rio
photo credit https://unsplash.com/@mzeketv
Olympic Park, Rio

I think this design in the Olympic Park, Brazil, is a perfect example of green being used in an Urban setting.  The Olympic games are a perfect example of personal passion and vitality.  After the Olympic Games in Rio were over, photographer Martin E. Sanchez captured the tip part of the Olympic Park there which was designed as a Live Site where everyone would gather and large televisions would broadcast the events. Seeing it from the ground was one thing. But he knew that the real magic was from up above so he took this aerial photo.  The greens and reddish browns inspired this pair of these green fern earrings.

Green fern earrings by BayMoonDesign
Green fern earrings by BayMoonDesign
This leaf jewelry is nature inspired and are perfect casual green earrings. These green leaf earrings are a perfect gift for the outdoors lover.  Both pairs are available for purchase in my online BayMoonDesign Shop.


photo of greens
https://unsplash.com/search/green?photo=SdEDmcrJOE4

Just wondering --what shade of green is your favorite?

12 comments:

  1. I do like sea foam green. But I love plain ole green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the acid/poison/apple green, as well as mint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green is my favorite color, and love pretty much every shade of it from sprout or fern to deep forest. Such lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the texture and colors of your brass components!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a little trouble with the link address but saw the 2nd link. I was intrigued by the photo in your link and am happy to have been able to get a good look at your creations. They are very stylish
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a single favorite green, but I am partial to sage and teal and turquoise, all on the bluer side. Love the textures and colors in your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this year's color is probably my favorite so far. I do like this green but I didn't always. My birthstone is the peridot, another fresh, bright green and as a kid I hated it. I have grown to love it and as I look around where I am in my studio, I see evidence of it everywhere! I do love the great textures you created in the metal pieces and the colors that you painted them with. Perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing along with me. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to these challenges. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I love almost all greens... emerald is a little tougher for me for some reason. I really love your first pair of earrings with the chartreuse bead. Super yummy!

    ReplyDelete