Thursday, March 2, 2017

May the Luck of the Irish be with you!


photo credit::  https://unsplash.com/@irenedavila


I have some Irish O'Hare blood in me so I like to make Celtic jewelry and decorate for Saint Patrick's Day.    I want to share some of my favorite Irish picks for home decor and fashions with you.  Are you ready for Saint Patrick's Day?



May the luck of the Irish be with you!






Green shawl
etsy.com








St. Patrick's Day Napkin Rings Green Shamrocks Handmade home decor
etsy.com




I was lucky enough to visit the northeast part of Ireland for a few days about 10 years ago. These are a couple of my favorite memories.  

Howth, Ireland
Howth, Ireland

Being from a small town on the east coast of the United States, I enjoyed seeing the small coastal town of Howth, Ireland which is located along the northern boundary of Dublin Bay. The surrounding once-rural district is now a busy northern suburb of Dublin, with a mix of dense residential development and wild hillside.
Malahide Castle and Gardens
No trip to Ireland is complete without a trip to a castle.  I visited Malahide Castle and Gardens which is north of Howth.

Malahide Castle has a long and rich history.  The castle played a central role in Medieval Irish history. The oldest parts of the castle date back to the 12th century. The building was notably enlarged in the reign of Edward IV, and the towers added circa 1600-1650. The estate survived such losses as the Battle of the Boyne and the Penal Laws. It was home to the Talbot family for almost 800 years (1185 to 1975).  





I do love chocolate so this shop "The Sweetest Thing" in Dublin made a perfect backdrop for a photo of my husband and son who were also on this trip.

River Liffey and Downtown Dublin
Dublin is a the capital and largest city in Ireland. River Liffey is the divider of the city into the northern and southern parts.

There are so many other parts of Ireland that I would love to see.

I found these photos of the Cliffs of Moher. Aren't these beautiful! I haven't been here but I am adding this to my bucket list.

photo credit https://unsplash.com/@greene
photo credit::  https://unsplash.com/@greene
photo credit ::  https://unsplash.com/@jamesbutterly

Hopefully, I will get a return trip here.  Where would you pick to visit in Ireland?

No comments:

Post a Comment