Friday, September 29, 2017

Inspiration found at the Harbor of Grand Marais, Minnesota


Grand Marais Harbor
Grand Marais Harbor
Many are attracted to the natural beauty of the Grand Marais, Minnesota area, making it a regional arts, music, and crafts hub, as well as he home of nonprofit educational institutions, such as the Grand Marais Art Colony and the North House Folk School, and art galleries featuring the work of local and regional artists.


Grand Marais Harbor
Grand Marais Harbor

It is a northern village located on the shores of Lake Superior, and a vibrant, bustling town. The population was 1,351. Lake Superior is the largest of the Great Lakes of North America. We drove here from Duluth, MN and I was amazed by how large Lake Superior is. It seems to go on forever. It is actually the size of South Carolina!

I went there with my husband and son.  We were in the area to celebrate my son's 29th birthday with a long weekend in the "wilderness".  Our first day took us on a walk along the shores of the harbor to the lighthouse.




The water is so clear you can see through to the bottom. I spotted this pretty leaf floating in the lake. The leaves are starting to turn here. The color reminded me of a pair of ceramics that I purchased from the Marsha Neal Studio.



Reddish Brown Ceramic Earrings by BayMoonDesign
They are reddish brown textured ceramics. I added a copper accent bead and used copper wire to wrap around the ceramics and add the copper beads.  Copper ear wires were a natural choice.  I love how the reddish brown color of the ceramics looks with the copper. The reddish brown ceramic earrings are available for purchase at my BayMoonDesign shop.

I think this poems reflects the season to the earrings and photo of the leaf. 

Maple by Daniel Human

red
orange
glowing trees
the last hurrah
falls

No comments:

Post a Comment