Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February Monthly Challenge

Title: Star Lovers
By: Warwick Goble
Date: 1910
Medium: Watercolor

Color Palette for the challenge


I love the inspiration piece for the Art Bead Scene February Monthly Challenge. The title of the painting is Star Lovers which I think is perfect for the month of February. The title is perfect for this month.  This watercolor is by Warwick Goble.  It has a romantic look to it.

As soon as I saw the colors in this inspiration piece, I thought of a pair of hoops that I had by GardanneBeads. The color of the blue is pretty close to the blue in the painting and of course there is the gray on the hoops and in the painting.  All I needed to add to complete my color palette was some silver. This challenge is just what I needed-- a little nudge to turn them into great earrings. I wanted a pair of hoop earrings to wear with jeans and these earrings are what I designed. I wanted something simple, lightweight and not too long.

Hoop Earrings by BayMoonDesign

With enamel hoops like these, I would hate to add anything else except two sterling jump rings and a pair of sterling silver ear wires. 
That do you think about my take on this month's inspiration piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment