Sunday, November 9, 2014

15th BNB Challenge "Who Shall Be Captain" Entries and Voting Information

Even Pirates Camp

15th Blogger /Non-Blogger Challenge -"Who Shall be Captain"

                                         Hosted By Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
                                 
   Welcome to the Blogger/Non-Blogger Design Challenge Round Robin Design Challenge! 
  REVEAL DATE  ~ Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:00 A.M. Eastern Standard 
         The contest is open to jewelry designers and art bead designers.
"Who Shall Be Captain"  by Howard Pyle Inspiration Photo and Palette
I am honored to be the hostess for this challenge.  I selected Who Shall be Captain:  an illustration of pirates fighting to be the captain as the inspiration piece.
  
Buccaneers Bracelet by Bay Moon Design


Of course I have an entry which is just for fun and not eligible for winning.  My Bay Moon Design entry is called "Buccaneers Bracelet".  It is a bracelet which began with my selecting a ceramic skull and cross bones curved oval bracelet bar in red by Jeraluna Designs .  This bracelet bar is perfect for the theme.  I have used Jeraluna Designs  before and I am always thrilled with her ceramics. I used moonstone beads and as well as few red beads from my bead stash.  The pink and cream 6mm faceted moonstone bead strand are from Aunties Beads gemstone collection.  The strand had the perfect variety of colors and the beads were the right size for the bracelet bar.  I wanted gemstones that would not over power the petite bar in size or color.  I also wanted to pick up the pink in the ceramic.  Moonstone is a pearly white semiprecious stone of the feldspar family. These are classic moonstone. They are transparent and have a bluish and gray shimmer.   The name for this stone is believed to be a direct description of the incandescence of the stone itself and the fact that it seems to glow like a moon. These moonstone beads from Aunties Beads are high quality faceted moonstones that have that shimmer. The colors are lovely pastel pinks, white, grays.  They look wonderful combined with the red ceramic and the sterling silver. It was a difficult choice to make since there are so many different gemstones to select from on Aunties website, but the large variety made it possible to select the perfect strand for my bracelet.  I made a simple hook and eye clasp from sterling.  I also added a few dangles.  One is made from the leftover moonstone beads and the other is a ship's wheel charm.




Voting takes place HERE on Nov. 11, 2014.




Public voting will take place November 11, 2014 to November 17, 2014 , 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard (the final day for voting).  Voting takes place at the inspiration album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.589144097874449.1073741834.588388321283360&type=33) On November 11, 2014,  everyone (not just those who have entries) will have a chance to vote on the pics in the album for one week by "LIKING" the entries. You may "LIKE" as many designs as you want; the entries with the most LIKES for each design category will win based on public, popular votes.   The designs with the most "LIKES" for the category "jewelry" or "art bead" will win. 

The creator of each winning design may choose a $25 gift certificate to Bay Moon Design Etsy store  or a Bead Soup created by me and valued at $25.  Free shipping is included with either choice.   At my Bay Moon Design Etsy store you may select from handmade whimsical cards and/or jewelry.  Winners will announced on November 18.





2 comments:

  1. I'm loving that pearly pink bracelet bar. What a girlie girl Jolly Roger. The moonstones are just perfect for this in color and size both. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bracelet is beautiful, and I love how the moonstone is the perfect accent to the bracelet focal. I did not know much about moonstone other than it's name, and didn't know it had a pink tone. I will surely give it another look. I will also check out Jeraluna Designs. Thanks for this round of BNB!

    ReplyDelete