Monday, February 22, 2016

Honey Do List Challenge

color palette for this challenge


Sarajo Spurgeon Wentling of Sj Designs Jewelry  notified beaders of her husband's February "Honey Do List" challenge.  It's one that anyone could play along with! He's taken one of his photos and pulled a color palette from it.  I decided to join in the fun.  I had 3 bracelets in mind for this.  Of course, my plans always exceed my time.  I only finished 2 of the bracelets.


Celtic Circle Bracelet by Bay Moon Design

The first is a unique, one of a kind green and orange Celtic circle bracelet. I embossed and patinated celtic circle component with orange and green. This boho bracelet has pretty orange Czech glass beads mixed with yellows and greens to add more pops of color. I handmade the clasp from brass. I used emerald green Irish waxed linen thread to unit the pieces. This is a multi strand bracelet with a natural brass chain added to it.

This is an Irish bracelet made with Saint Patrick's Day in mind. Celtic art is ornamental, avoiding straight lines and only occasionally using symmetry, without the imitation of nature. Many other cultures use a similar geometric pattern.  It is available for purchase HERE.

Seek Beautiful Moments Bracelet by Bay Moon Design

My second bracelet is a pretty lotus bracelet that has a large brass cuff with inspirational words "Seek Beautiful Moments" handmade by artist Erin Prais-Hintz. It also has yellow, orange, red lotus flower on it. I added some red, orange Czech glass and yellow beads to it. It has interesting brass beads and rust Irish waxed linen thread. The rust Irish waxed linen thread gives it a bohemian beach look. This word jewelry is unique and is perfect for a size 7 wrist and a boho look. It is also available for purchase HERE.


A special thanks goes to our hostess Sarajo Wentling .   Grab a beverage and visit the other participants to see what they created.  
Sarajo Wentling (hostess)

8 comments:

  1. Your bracelets are gorgeous! I love that you used the waxed linen cord and they are both multi-strand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work! I aspire to your creativity! My favorite part is the ends and clasp of the first bracelet. I love how you let the linen keep flowing from the ends and your clasp is perfect! I admire how you conquered Erin P-H 's huge focal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the second one with Erin's pendant. Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some ab fab bracelets! You use some really great focals. Bet they are really fun to wear!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with me, Kathy! Both bracelets are great! I love the mix of the orange and green in the first one and it's impossible to go wrong when Erin's lovely components are involved! The multi-strand look is fabulous in both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bracelets. I don't think I can actually pick a favorite--they are both lovely, and fit the inspiration picture very well. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as always. Love them both but the second is my fav. Why? I just happened to like that antique brass looking clasp with all the rest of the metal. lol

    ReplyDelete