Saturday, June 23, 2012

Down by the River Is a Winner!

Marsha Neal Studio Silk Color Palette, Twelve Round 2 Finalists Palettes
I entered Marsha Neal's Silk Color challenge, and I am thrilled to say that the silks that I selected came in third place. I picked 9 colors that were inspired by a recent trip to the southwest. While there I took an amazing train ride from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado. This trip followed a beautiful green river through the mountains. My design using Marsha's new colors is called "Down by the River" and is inspired by this train ride.  It is the third palette from the left in the photo above.   I want to thank all who voted especially those who voted for me.  I look forward to creating some jewelry with these gorgeous silks. 
 The 12 palette image above from Left to Right:

Palettes in order of 8 top voted for:
Natalie Alexander: Baby Yawns
Lee Koopman: Elven Woods 
Kathy Lindemer: Down By The River 
Andrea Ross: Rain In The Garden 
Erin Prais-Hintz: Garden Party I Do 
Mary Harding: First Spears Of Spring 
Lisa Cone: California Native 
Jessica Stoops: Beach Cottage 
Jennifer Justman: Pandora's Box
Lisa Martin: Prettiness
Catherine Pruitt: Into The Night
Kim Roberts: Island Hues
BONUS DRAWING #4: FIRST WEEK OF SHOPPING!
During the first week these new palettes are for sale (as soon as they are updated or June 26 through July 1, 2012) anyone that purchases a palette from Round 1 or Round 2 finalists gets an entry for a $50 Gift Certificate to her  Etsy shop.
1 bundle = 1 entry.
2 bundles = 2 entries.
3 bundles = 3 entries.
And so on...

What does Marsha have planned for her participants?
1. Purchase silk knot bundles for projects, giveaways, promotions, etc.
2. Create and photograph projects using these silk palettes (round 1 and 2 all apply).
3. Blog or share those photographs about the projects and your inspirations.
4. I will be hosting some design challenges/ blog hops around things you make with these silks so you can show off your stuff!Those of you who love silk ribbons and who doesn't you might want to join the fun.

What do you think I will create?  I am thinking that I may want to use some of the sea glass that I have been hoarding since my Christmas trip to Isa Mujeres, Mexico where I picked up lots just outside of our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment