Friday, October 21, 2016

We're All Ears :: October Challenge


 Wheat Field with Cypress Trees by Van Gogh
Since the weather has been all over the news for a lot of the month of October 2016, it seemed that it might be a good inspiration for this month's We're All Ears challenge.  So our challenge is the weather... wind patterns, cloud formations, precipitation... whatever we would like to represent! I selected clouds for my specific inspiration.



Pale blue earrings by BayMoonDesign
The blues, greens and whites in clouds of the Van Gogh painting were the inspiration for my pair of pale blue earrings. These modern blue earrings are made with handmade artisan Ming porcelain beads by artisan Scorched Earth. Gunmetal ear wires and beads are used to compliment the gray in the pastel blue beads. There are also little pops of green in this light blue jewelry. I love the rustic look of these handmade boho earrings. The long earrings are light and comfortable to wear and measure 2 inches in length.

                                                         Photo credit:  https://unsplash.com/@djasonmccann

I focused on the browns, beiges, whites and swirls in the clouds of this dramatic photo for my next pair of earrings.


Brown ceramic earrings by BayMoonDesign
These textured brown ceramic earrings are earthy and rustic.  The brown ceramics and jasper beads  dangle below natural brass ear wires.   The beige and brown earrings have natural brass ear wires that go great with brown and beige of the ceramics and jasper beads with a hint of orange.  The artisan ceramics are made by Marsha Neal Studio.  


Glacier National Park, Montana
I spent some time recently in Montana and I enjoyed the magnificent scenery and pristine environment.  The sky there is often a brilliant blue that you rarely if ever see on the east coast or near any major urban center. 

Glacier National Park, Montana
Sometimes I forget how blue the sky can look especially when there are white puffy clouds for contrast.  At Glacier National Park, the white of the glaciers also highlights how blue the sky is.

                                                               Glacier National Park, Montana

Weather can change quickly in the mountains.  In some parts of the park, we were so high up in elevation that we drove through the clouds.  One day we drove through light rain, light snow, and fog. We were rewarded with this gorgeous rainbow!  I came away from this trip with lots of inspiration from the weather, clouds, and wind. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the blue earrings! So classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip that must have been! My husband and I got to do something similar in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Oh the weather we experienced as we drove ever higher! And the most spectacular vistas I have ever seen. I love your dynamic cloud earrings with the swirls that echo the Van Gogh painting. And I love the soft blue earrings as well. They capture the awe and majesty of clouds! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pairs of earrings are just perfect, Kathy! I especially love the blue pair... perfect for the Van Gogh painting. (I also thought about my small collection of Scorched Earth pieces for this challenge but I didn't have the right colors.) Looks like you had a great trip too!

    ReplyDelete