Sunday, September 19, 2010

How Motorcycles Inspire Jewelry

Friday evening my friend and I drove from Lewes, Delaware to Ocean City, Maryland, Convention Center to attend the Gem, Mineral, and Jewelry Show that is held there yearly. It was a beautiful evening and we rode in my convertible with the top down. The wind was flying through our hair and the sound and sight of motorcycles surrounded us. It was Delmarva Bike Week when tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts enjoy activities & rides throughout the Delmarva Peninsula .It is held the same time as this jewelry and bead show so we looked forward to the sights and sounds of the motorcycles. This is the first time that we went in the light of the early evening when the atmosphere was clear and the sun light hit the motorcycles in a special way. Bright colors of the motorcycles and drivers seemed to pop everywhere. When I got to the bead and jewelry show, I visited my favorite vendor there and spotted these really vibrant beads. They reminded me of the colors I saw in the lines of motorcycles headed to Ocean City for very different reasons. I was there to look for beads for my children's necklace line and for my crocheted necklaces. I grabbed these beads the moment I saw them. They called to me ! When my clay crabs from Italy arrive this week, I am certain these beads will work well with them. I can't wait to create the necklace with these beads inspired by the motorcyclists!

No comments:

Post a Comment