Sunday, January 24, 2016

Handmade Components


copper clasps by baymoondesign
Copper clasps by Bay Moon Design
January is the time of the year that I restock some of my handmade jewelry making supplies.  I am using more and more of my own handmade components like clasps in my jewelry and selling some in my online Bay Moon Design online store.


copper clasp
Copper clasps are available for purchase HERE
Gold brass clasps by Bay Moon Design
I devoted a few days this month to making more gold brass clasps as well as copper clasps.

Gold brass clasps are available for sale HERE


 Next, I need to make a lot of ear wires.  You know me, I love making earrings so I use lots of ear wires.

copper leaves
Beginnings of Copper Leaves by Bay Moon Design
I am also beginning to make some copper leaves for my jewelry.  I love copper and I can't wait to finish these.  Right now I am at step 1--cutting the leaves out of copper.


polymer clay beads
Handmade Beads by Bay Moon Design waiting to be made into jewelry

I made a few polymer clay beads.  I hope to take the best looking of these feathers and put it on top of a copper leaf to make necklace.

experimenting with photography
I have also been working on my photography --always a challenge for me.  I am really happy with my new photo box.  I just switched out the white background for gray and I am even happier with my photos of my jewelry.

What have you been up to this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment