Thursday, November 16, 2017

We're All Ears :: November Inspirational Quotes


Photo by Ashley Batz on Unsplash
For November's We're All Ears Challenge, we able to choose at least one of these four quotes below and make a pair of earrings that illustrate the message.  I love inspirational quotes so I knew I was up for this challenge.



I decided to select the quote C "When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top".  --unknown

This inspirational quote says so much about life and the choices we make. You can't give up, because the result will be worth the effort.  The journey is often filled with trials, obstacles, and difficulties. Getting to the top is a very special feeling. Know that your efforts in getting there will pay off.   Don’t ever give up. Once you achieve the pinnacle, you will be rewarded.

This quote reminds me of the times that I have been hiking up a mountain.  The climb is difficult and I am tired.  I start to wonder if I can reach the top.  I don't give up easily so I can't think of a time when I did turn around and head back.  I also remember that the view at the top on all of these occasions was worth the struggle uphill.

Textured Blue Ceramic Earrings by BayMoonDesign
These textured blue ceramic earrings were inspired by this quote and my personal experiences hiking.  The spiral in the  blue textured ceramics by by Marsha Neal Studio remind me of the struggle climbing .  It is like being in a maze and not knowing where you will end up.  Once you get out of the maze and continue the struggle up, you are rewarded with a refreshing pool of water ( the turquoise glass beads). The final view is on top of the mountain (the round) bead. It is a breathtaking view.

Photo by Sven van der Pluijm on Unsplash
It will be exciting to see everyone's take on the same message!

10 comments:

  1. What a great pair of earrings to remind you of your journey to rise ever upward! This was a fun challenge because it gave me a way to internalize the meaning of the quotes and make them into a powerful symbol. I hope you had fun, too, Miss Kathy! Thanks for playing along in the November We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely visualisation of your hike up the mountains. It is really interesting how you translated a quote and an activity into jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I liked the idea of this challenge, but struggled so much with coming up with a design. You made it look exceptionally easy and created a fantastic pair of earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation! The spirals remind me of switchbacks in the trail one encounters when hiking up mountains - they're tough, it seems like they'll never end, and when they do you're at the top with a wonderful view

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an interesting journey reading all the blog posts about this challenge and the symbolism attached to everyone's choice! Yours was not an exception! Each and every component of the earrings has it's own meaning and role in "the view from the top". Beautiful story and pair of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the quote and how you incorporated your own experiences and journey into your design. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete