Saturday, February 23, 2019

A First Time Visit to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival 2019


photo of coconut trees
Photo by bady qb on Unsplash

I had the opportunity to go to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival 2019 which is held in the Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami, Florida. This is the first time I had gone to an arts festival of this size. I have spent lots of time at arts festivals in my tiny state of Delaware over the past decade both as a shopper and retail vendor of jewelry and handmade cards. I was anxious to see what this festival was all about. Plus, the setting is a gorgeous mile of Biscayne Bay’s coastline.


sign for activities at festival

The festival features 360 international artists selected by a jury in mediums ranging from painting to photography, mixed media, jewelry, sculpture and other forms. The festival also includes culinary arts, entertainment and family activities.


an art display from festival

Art lovers can wander from stand to stand in a gorgeous alfresco environment where artists showcase everything from digital art, fiber, glass, clay and metal work.


                             tropical plants on sale


You can also enjoy stands of tropical plants. The orchids were especially beautiful.  

diy jewelry display

I paid special attention not only to the handmade jewelry there as well as how it was displayed.  I am always looking for new ways to display my jewelry at art shows.  I thought that this booth was unique.  It certainly was new to me.  I love how the artisan repurposed old fire extinguishers.       

colorful metal animals

You can see some of the white exhibit tents filled with arts in the background.  Don't you just love the metal animals lined up on the side walk!

Regatta Park

 The festival was kid-friendly with a Family Zone in Regatta Park packed with activities, crafts and entertainment for the whole family.  


          All in all, an enjoyable day and festival! What are your thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment