Friday, March 6, 2020

Swap N Hop '20

Photo by Dave Phillips on Unsplash

BayMoonDesign is participating in Bead Peeps 7th Annual Swap'n Hop 2020.  I love the opportunity to swap beads and get inspiration from a new assortment of beads.  This is a blog/social media hop event where the organizers partner up with other beaders around the world to swap beads and then post the creations made with them. Be sure to check out the Facebook group for more info on this fun event!

 Some beads sent to partner
Some beads sent by BayMoonDesign to my partner

My partner is Jackie Marchant from Middlesboro, Kentucky.  Jackie likes to bead and crochet. She is currently crocheting for her 4th grandbaby. My daughter just gave birth to me first grandchild. It has been fun to chat online about our grandchildren.


More beads sent to my partner which include Classic Blue 
For this blog we are suppose to send some beads that are the Pantone Color of the Year Classic Blue. To meet this requirement, I selected to blue polymer clay Roses by Brook Boch. I also sent several focals that Jackie can choose from.

Beads sent to BayMoonDesign
Beads sent to BayMoonDesign
Jackie sent me a large organza bag that was stuffed with all sorts of goodies. There was so much to choose from that I had to come with a strategy of attack. The reveal is April 18, 2020. I want to be realistic about what I can get done in that time. I never have as much time to bead as I think I will. I decided to pick out some classic blue beads, a couple of possible focals and beads and metal that might work with the focals.

My focal will come from the above beads
My focal will come from the above beads.


I have some classic blue beads here to choose from
I have some classic blue beads here to choose from.

note from my partner
My partner included a sweet note.

My strategy is on track.  I used some of the classic blue beads in a piece that I love and can't wait to reveal.  I am now working on a piece using one of the focals.  I have an idea!  Stop by my blog on April 18 to see what I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment