Friday, August 9, 2013

Tres Personajes - August Art Bead Scene Challenge


Tres Personajes, (Three People) 1970 Rufino Tamayo 

This month's Art Bead Challenge is Tres Personajes painted by the Mexican Modernist Rufino Tamayo.  It is regarded as a masterpiece of the artist's mature period, the synthesis and culmination of a career and a celebration of his approach to universalism in art via color, abstraction and texture.  As soon as I saw it I knew that a beautiful glass bobbin by Lea Avroch of LA Jewelry Designs would be the perfect focal for a necklace that is inspired by this painting.  

 

 
Red bobbin necklace for sale in Bay Moon Design Etsy Shop

I had on hand some lush gray leather from Nina Designs so I was set.  I had the colors, abstract quality, and texture of the painting.  Coming up with the design was the hard part.  Before Lea Avroch had a flash sale on facebook in July, I had never even see or heard of a glass bobbin.  It is a sewing bobbin that Lea worked her magic on.  When I saw it, I knew that I had to have it.  I just love the idea of making something so pretty from a bobbin.  I am so glad that the August Art Bead Scene Challenge pushed me to use Lea's bobbin so quickly.  It is a unique necklace to add to my etsy store which I am stocking for the holiday season.  

6 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely lovely representation of the painting. I had not heard of a glass bobbin until now, so thank you for that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a beautiful design, Kathy... every time I see one of these wonderful bobbin component it makes me want to rummage through the sewing stash LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy this is just, in a word, stunning. The colors and the execution of this design .... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great use of the colors of the painting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique and bespeaks of the painting very well!

    ReplyDelete