Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking for Members of Artisan Whimsy to Do a Patina Blog Hop

 
Compass Looking for Patina and a Creative Plan for It


 I am giving away a 26mm (.6mm thick), Arte Metal, Compass Decorivet with two posterior prongs. It can be used to decorate any material by simply pushing the rivet ends into your material and folding over. Also, you can use needle nose pliers to turn the rivet points into loops for use in jewelry designs. Vintaj Arte Metal is a ferrite (iron) based metal. It is not antique plated and is nickel and lead-free.

Would you like to be one of the 9 that I send this compass to?  I would like to get a commitment by Jan. 10 from folks to participate. The blog hop is Feb. 28. I have my 1 international participant so far.  My hope is that everyone who joins this challenge is a member of Artisan Whimsy and has an active blog. 

You don't have to have a lot of experience with patina.  I don't have a lot.   I have 6 bottles of Ranger Patina and a have bought metal to patina with the plan to produce some jewelry with it. There are other brands of patina on the market also with resources.   Some folks even make their own.  The Vintaj website has lots of resources you can use as does the  Ranger  website. You can also do an Internet search for "videos on patina" and find lots of them.  

If you are interested, please email me with your mailing address, blog URL, and email address. My email is baymoondesign@gmail.com.

January 10, I will blog  the names of the participants and  post the blog hop badge.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to try this and am a member of Artisan Whimsy. I've tried patina a couple of times and haven't been real happy with it yet, but I'd love to give it a go again. I'll e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be fun. I am a member of artisan whimsy. Patina is not something I've done much of but have been experimenting with of late. I'd live to give this whirl.

    ReplyDelete