Friday, June 20, 2014

We're All Ears-June Inspiration

June Inspiration for We're All Ears--The Skylight of the Guggenheim

Guggenheim Museum in New York was designed by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The museum itself is a modern marvel art.  It houses some of the world's greatest art.  The skylight of the Guggenheim is this month's inspiration for "We're All Ears".  The natural nautilus-shaped spiral gently slopes from the top to the bottom leading the viewer through each layer of the collection. This view is looking up from the bottom of the rotunda to the sky lights above.

When I first looked at this photo, all I saw were circular shapes, but there are angles as well. In face there are triangles, arcs, circles, squares, and ovals.

 
Black BoHo Earrings by Bay Moon Design

My black boho earrings are inspired by the the circular shapes and shades of black from gray to black and the white.  I used circular obsidian beads with different shades of gray and black circular patterns in them along with gray, handmade polymer clay beads that have flecks of white, silver, gray and black in them.  I combined them with black Irish linen thread and used silver earwires.  You can purchase these earrings HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, the different shades of gray and black with the linen and the various materials used make them both simple and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I love that you picked up on the angular shapes as opposed to the obvious circular ones. These have a very ancient look to them as if they could have come from an archeological dig centuries ago! Thank you for joining in the We're All Ears June challenge. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the organic nature of these earrings. I've always been a fan of obsidian, and combined with the clay bead and linen, these are earthy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the polymer beads - they look so natural that I thought they were actual stones at first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so Cool! I really like your choices in choices in designing these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how the 'straight line to circle' concept of the building has been brought out by the waxed linen and angular beads . well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Kathy! I like the natural feeling to these and those polymer beads are really cool.

    ReplyDelete