Monday, June 1, 2015

Endless Sky Challenge

I am participating in Andrew Thornton's Endless Sky Challenge.  This is the first time I have purchased one of his kits and I am having great fun creating with it for the challenge.  Jewelry designers can use as much or as little of the kit to create a piece that showcases your creativity, individuality, and artistic expression. Ideally the creation will spotlight the great assortment of beads included in the kit.

                                                   Endless Sky Kit by Andrew Thorton
My kit is an mix of lots of seed beads,  Czech glass (both old and new), aquamarine, agate, chalcedony, sodalite, stone, vintage sequins, German glass, jade, Swarovski crystal, vintage Japanese glass, vintage lucite, waxed linen thread, silk ribbon and a secret focal that Andrew will reveal on June 29th.   I have to admit that when I saw all those seed beads I thought I would just ignore them.  I really don't like to work with seed beads, but they are so gorgeous that I just kept going back to them.  I have used more than half of those seed beads so far along with some of the larger beads.  I have finished 2 pieces that I am really happy with.


The reveal date is set for Thursday, July 16th, 2015!  Mark your calendar and come back to see what I create.

1 comment:

  1. They're really pretty. Perfect for summer at the beach. I can't wait to see what you've created...something gorgeous, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete