What colors do you like from the 2016 Pantone Spring color forecast? What will you be wearing - or creating with - in the coming year? The We're All Ears Challenge for January is to use the spring 2016 palette to create earrings with.
The Pantone color of the year for 2016 has been announced... and it is a DUO-- Rose Quartz and Serenity. This is a pair of colors that can work in tandem and blend and morph as is illustrated in the picture above. I am going to sit back and see how others use these colors together.
We are told on the Pantone site that this year's palette features color choices that are unisex to reflect a shift in cultural and gender norms. These color choices for both men and women are meant to evoke "a desire to breathe and reflect, then play."
For this challlenge, I decided to select from the other colors.Here is what the Pantone Color Institute has to say about the top 10 colors for 2016:
- The soothing, calming nature of colors in the Spring collections are led by Rose Quartz, a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Like a serene sunset, flushed cheek or budding flower, Rose Quartz reminds us to reflect on our surroundings during the busy but lighthearted spring and summer months.
- The fashion and design communities, and consequently, consumers, have been in love with orange for several seasons. Coming to the fore this Spring is, Peach Echo, a shade that emanates friendlier qualities, evoking warmth and accessibility. It is an all-encompassing, tempered companion in the playful orange family.
- Weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, Serenity comforts with a calming effect, bringing a feeling of respite even in turbulent times. A transcendent blue, Serenity provides us with a naturally connected sense of space.
- A maritime-inspired blue, Snorkel Blue plays in the navy family, but with a happier, more energetic context. The name alone implies a relaxing vacation and encourages escape. It is striking yet still, with lots of activity bursting from its undertones.
- While the majority of the Spring/Summer palette trends toward calmness, a few diversions from the theme emerge that offer a contrast. With Buttercup designers reveal a shining beacon transporting its wearer to a happier, sunnier place.
- A shade of aqua that leans toward the green family, Limpet Shell is clear, clean and defined. Suggestive of clarity and freshness, its crisp and modern influences evoke a deliberate, mindful tranquility.
- As in most any season, the need for neutrals arises. Essentially a basic, the subtlety of the lilac undertone in, Lilac Gray, adds a distinctive edge to this classic gray shade.
- The high energy Fiesta is a harbinger of excitement, encouraging free-spirited exploration to unknown but welcoming locales. A strong and fiery, yellow-based red, the vivid Fiesta provides a stark contrast to the calming, softer nature of this season’s palette.
- A transitional color that will take us through the seasons, Iced Coffee manifests as another strong neutral for the season. With its natural earthy quality, the softness and subtlety of Iced Coffee creates a stable foundation when combined with the rest of this season’s palette.
- Green Flash calls on its wearer to explore, push the envelope and escape the mundane, radiating an openness that combines with the rest of the palette in unexpected but serendipitous ways. The popularity of this brilliant hue is representative of nature’s persistent influence even in urban environments, a trend continuing to inspire designers.
|Snorkeling in Ocean Waters off Key Largo, Florida|
Being a snowbird and living in Key Largo, Florida for the winter, I am influenced by the beauty of nature here. I love the limpet shell color since in reminds me of the waters here. I also love seahorses and they are a favorite motif of mine so I embossed some metal blanks with seahorses and applied some patina and sealant. I added some beads that look like sea glass. These seahorse earrings are available for purchase HERE.
|seahorse earrings by BayMoonDesign|
The snorkel blue color is another color that I see in the Florida Key waters. I paired the blue sodalite stone with tiny sterling silver hearts and ear wires to create a unique and modern look. These pretty blue earrings have a romantic look to them. I think they are perfect as a Valentine gift or birthday gift.
Sodalite is thought to bring out compassion and love. These are all good things that the world needs more of! The earrings are available for purchase HERE.
I love the water and shades of blue so these are two colors that I know I will use in my spring 2016 collection of jewelry. What colors call to you?