Sunday, April 3, 2016

Beginnings of a Spring Collection

Ceramics by Firefly Studio and BlueBlazes Lampwork
2016 seems to be flying by. It is hard for me to believe that spring is here already.  Have you ever wondered how a jewelry collection begins?  I have a new paisley collection that morphed from the ceramics above.  I thought you might like to see the beads that I started with and what they have turned into.



The paisley ceramics were the basis of inspiration.  Paisley is fashionable anytime of the year but I feel it is especially suitable for spring.  It has an energized look that is perfect for spring.  It is a classic design that has out lasted trendy fashions century after century. To this day the paisley pattern continues to be fashionable and is still highly sought after for clothing, home décor and Jewelry.


Blue paisley bracelet by BayMoonDesign
This blue paisley bracelet has a gorgeous handmade paisley ceramic cuff by Firefly Studio. The brown bracelet has blue Irish waxed linen thread woven through and around ceramic and copper beads. The colorful bracelet had a handmade copper clap that I made especially for this. The paisley ceramic and colors give this artisan bracelet a boho look.

Brown and Blue Paisley Necklace by BayMoonDesign

This colorful brown and blue paisley necklace has a matching paisley ceramic pendent by Firefly Studio. The brown and blue necklace has a natural color of Irish waxed linen thread woven through and around artisan lamp work beads. The necklace is attached to two brown and caramel silk ribbons and a handmade copper claps that I made especially for this necklace. This necklace is 21 inches around.  I think the brown gives it an earthy look.

Robin Egg Blue Earrings by BayMoonDesign
I love to make earrings so I had to include a new pair that happens to match the paisley necklace and bracelet. These robin blue earrings have handmade artisan ceramics Fire Fly Studio. I love the modern boho look. In addition to the blue ceramics, I used copper spiral round beads and copper ear wires. These casual earrings dangle 2 inches below the top of the ear wires and are light and comfortable to wear. 

I added another paisley necklace to my paisley collection in my BayMoonDesign shop.  Can you find it?








3 comments:

  1. What beautiful components and jewelry creations! Love these, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauties! I love Michelle's paisleys and they are the perfect focal for your pieces. The knotting is a nice touch to these boho inspired designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! I liked seeing your inspiration and how it grew and developed! Keep up the great work! P.S. I agree... the year is going by too quick!

    ReplyDelete