Friday, April 15, 2016

We're All Ears :: April Inspiration Reveal



We're All Ears April Inspiration is perfect for spring.  For this challenge, we can take advantage of the sight of new green things that are pushing their way up all over the place, or the sight of grass that is greening up. We are invited to be inspired by feather leaves from plants like ferns, or the bright spring green colors. I usually just make one pair of earrings for this blog hop, however, I love ferns, greens, and I am working on developing a spring collection for 2016 so I was really inspired to go beyond one pair.

Fern earrings by BayMoonDesign
Fern Earrings by BayMoonDesign
For my first two pairs, I focused on the ferns. I did a quick search on Etsy which is usually my go to spot for art beads and found these polymer clay fern beads. I purchased my fern charms from Summer Wind . I love the look of the greens in the fern beads and Czech glass crystals that I used to create these fern earrings. I think that the natural brass ear wires add to the earthy look.



Copper Fern earrings by BayMoonDesign
Copper Fern Earrings by BayMoonDesign
For the next two pairs I used embossed metal charms that I got from Sharyl McMillian-Nelson of Metapolies.  I feel a special connection to Sharyl.  She is a fellow librarian.  Once a librarian always a librarian--even when retired like I am.  I follow her blog and I admire her metal embossing and patinaed metals. I also make similar components so I appreciate the work that goes into them. She tends to focus more on the making components and I focus on creating jewelry.  When I saw her copper ferns I fell in love with them.  This blog hop gave me a good excuse to buy them.  These copper fern earrings are made from natural copper sheets that have been embossed with forest ferns and distressed. I added vintage mossy green beads that are surrounded by copper bead caps. I hung these botanical earrings on copper ear wires to accentuate the copper. The copper fern earrings hang almost 2 inches in length from the top of the ear wire. This fern jewelry is a perfect gift for a naturalist and for the spring.

Lime Green Earrings by BayMoonDesign
For the third pair I was inspired by the fresh, new greens that are all around us in the spring. I used lime green, yellow, and silver connectors by Metapolies that I had in my stash. These lime green earrings are made from silver rectangular metal that has been embossed with an abstract pattern. The earrings are hand painted with green and yellow patinas. From the silver metal sheets, I attached some yellow Czech glass flowers that I created. I have hung the yellow floral earrings on sterling silver ear wires to pick up the silver in the metal sheets. The spring green earrings hang almost 2 inches in length from the top of the ear wire. They are available for purchased HERE.

Visit the We're All Ear's Blog to see what others were inspired to create this month.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful earrings. perfect for spring. I love Shasryls components.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its interesting to see so many interpretations of the theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun earrings, Kathy! I think the first ones with the SummerWind charms are my favorites... I love her stuff. I had to chuckle at your comment "once a librarian, always a librarian" since I say that a lot myself now that I'm not regularly working in libraries. I may not be working in the profession anymore but I still have the degree and the mentality! ;) Librarians unite! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous earrings...you were totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful to see all the greens in their glory represented in your fresh new line of earrings! I love them all! Thank you so much for joining in the fun! Please check back on May, 6th for our next We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs. Great assortment of colors and materials for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, sorry I'm late in seeing this post from last week, but thrilled I'm seeing it now! I'm so honored by your words and that you used two sets of my components in your lovely jewelry entries for this event! It sure does seem like we've been online pals quite a long while now and I'm happy for it! (And now, I'm going to add these to my Pinterest page to show off your designs!) Thanks and best wishes! ~Sharyl

    ReplyDelete