Saturday, May 17, 2014

Art Bead Scene Blog May Monthly Challenge

Capriccio Padovano, 1741 by Bernardo Bellatto Oil on Canvas
This month's Art Bead Scene Challenge is the painting Capriccio Padovano by Bernardo Bellotto, 1721-1780.  He was an Italian urban landscape painter or vedutista, and printmaker in etching famous for his portrayals of European cities such as Dresden, Vienna, Turin and Warsaw.  Bellotto's birth place, was an enchanting city of canals, art studios, vineyards, wine, rich cheeses, magnificent cathedrals and a breathtaking marina. 


Bernardo Bellotto's style reveals a taste for what is charming and elegant. Characteristic of Rococo art was paintings of wealthy carefree aristocrats at play in make-believe settings. The background scenery is often a serene natural setting with delicate trees and sprays of roses. Colors are a profusion of soothing, light pastels.

 
Seahorse Necklace with focal by SlinginMud


I took my inspiration for my seahorse necklace from the colors in the painting. I centered on the blues in the water water and sky and the tans and reddish browns of the bridge. I selected the seahorse focal and sea shells as a representation of the romantic water scene. I love the handmade ceramic focal of a seahorse by SlinginMud. I feel like I did it justice with this copper wire crocheted necklace and my handmade copper clasp. The necklace is available for purchase HERE.


What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous! This was a rough one to gain inspiration from this time around and i am loving all the different directions everyone went.

    ReplyDelete