Thursday, May 15, 2014

We're All Ears: May Inspiration


May's Inspiration Photo

May's "We're All Ears" inspiration is the Zig Zag Nerite shell - neritina communis.

This tiny sea treasure is just over a 1/2" in size.  Each one is completely unique.  The typical shell is black and white, but can have colors that range from cream and yellow to red and burgundy, proving to be a very variable species. 
 
Black and White Sea Glass Earrings available for purchase HERE

When I saw our inspiration photo, I focused on the colors of black and white.  When I think of the ocean, sea glass comes to mind.  These earrings combine the colors of the shell with material that is often found mixed in with shells along the shore-sea glass.  I used white crystals on what looks like clear sea glass and combined those beads with black sea glass from ZnetShows.  I used large sterling silver french earwires for balance in the design. 

I imagine sea glass in this pile of sea shells on the beach

 I love the photo of the shell on the beach.  I got this from GraphicStock.com.  If you are interested in having access to great copyright free photos and graphics like this one, sign up for a free 7 day trial of GraphicStock.com and see what they have to offer.  I have found some great images to punch up my blogs!

9 comments:

  1. I really like these and I bet they look fantastic on! The graphic design element to these earrings really works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool! Real attention grabbers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seaglass is definitely a beach look. Love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this graphic black and white design! Such a clean and fresh take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stark simplicity of these, it makes me think of the wonderfully serene interiors on the "my scandinavian home" blog. I really like the white sea glass against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bead shapes and I love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really lovely! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete