Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday- Patina Pieces Become Earrings




These pieces were on my table last week.
Bead Table Wednesday is designed by Heather Powers to help share what is on our table today.   Today I am revealing what I created with some Vintaj natural brass with various patinas that were applied last week.  I made several pairs of earrings with them and still have some left for another time. 

Seahorse earrings paired with sea glass beads by BayMoonDesign

I love the ocean so I was anxious to make the seahorses into earrings.  I rarely make the same piece of jewelry twice.  You can see how these 2 pairs of seahorse earrings are similar yet different. Two of the seahorses are paired with ZnetShows sea glass beads that are a very pale aqua.  I used green beads with the second pair of seahorses.  The shades of patina on these 2 pair of earrings are slightly different also.


Seahorse Earrings paired with green beads by BayMoonDesign
Which pair of the seahorse earrings are your favorite pair?


Pink floral earrings by BayMoonDesign

These brass flower earrings are for those who are looking for artisan and earthy earrings.  I hung them on gold colored ear wires to highlight the gold color of the metal that shows through the patina.

These are long earrings that hang 3 inch in length from the top of the earwires. They are light on the ears. I love the cutouts in the rectangle. You can see through those areas.
Purple Floral Earrings by BayMoonDesign

I love purple and green together.  My bead stash had just the right shades of the two colors that I was able to use both colors with the metal to create these purple floral earrings.

I still have some pieces remaining.  It takes me much more time than you might think to find the perfect beads to pair with them.  I also like to photograph and list them in my Etsy store before  I blog about them.  Plus, I always find photographing my jewelry a challenge.  I try to use natural light and have had luck with using a white skylight area in my home for the photos.  I have to work around my cat Lucy because he loves to bask in the sun there no matter how hot it may be.  He also delights in surrounding himself with my beads, props,  and jewelry.
Lucy in my skylight with photo props.
So adorable and annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment