Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday-Crocheted Necklace with Quartz Gemstones from Aunties

Crocheted Quartz Necklace by Bay Moon Design
This Wednesday,  I have a completed a multicolored crocheted necklace that I make before leaving for our 6 week camping trip.  I found these luscious multi-color quartz top drilled nugget beads while cruising through Aunties Beads website.  I noticed there were 20,  5 star reviews  for these beads so I thought I would see what folks said.  In reading one of the reviews, a beader mentioned that these beads were wonderful in a crocheted necklace that she made.  I ran with that idea!  I agree.  The colors remind me of autumn leaves so I added a leaf clasp.

Fall Leaves with shades of pink, orange, and yellow
Aunties Beads has a number of different kinds of quartz beads in addition to the multi-colored ones that I used in this necklace.  They also have a wide variety of other gemstones such as amethyst, carnelian, rose quartz, topaz, agate, tiger's eye, jasper, jade, malachite, obsidian, and turquoise just to name a few.

In the gemstone section of Aunties website, you can find design tips like combining pink quartz with a mocha color bead.  I agree that makes a winning combination.  You can also find the history of some of the gems. 

In addition to great products like their gemstones, Aunties Beads is a terrific resource.  I should know I spend a lot of time shopping online!  Just ask my husband!  He knows too!  The UPS drovers love him, he helps them get lots of overtime with his Amazon Prime shipping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment